First thing’s first: you should know that I have some pretty great talents. Some of them include (of course, this list is not exhaustive):
- Fitting a reference to cats into almost any conversation
- Photobombing/ruining pictures past the point at which my friends find it amusing
- Maintaining a super-human immune system due to years of building it up through biting my nails (<– that takes dedication, people)
- Falling asleep during the first 20 minutes of movies
And the list goes on. One talent, however, that some of my friends and family may not know about is the fact that I am really good at procrastinating (I’ve been meaning to tell them, I just haven’t gotten around to it). If there was a Procrastination Olympics, I would think really hard for a really, really long time about training for it. If I were the conductor of a train, the first stop would be Procrastination Station. I have actually earned the official title of Master Procrastinator.
The moral of the story here is that I started this blog a really long time ago, and have totally procrastinated on writing my first post. Why? Because it had to be PERFECT, being the first post. How was I supposed to decide what to write about?! Everyone who visits my blog is going to go back to my first post and judge it. Even I’M going to go back and read my first post to laugh at myself and (hopefully) realize how far I’ve come and how much cooler I am than I was (which is now…and I am pretty cool right now, so it’s going to be hard to beat…). It’s GOTTA BE AWESOME!!!
With the arrival New Year, just like each year before, I set some goals. My immune system may take a hit this year as I
have been forced by my husband am making a valiant effort to stop biting my nails; I am building up my movie-watching endurance (I’m up to 30 minutes); and I have started willing my eyes to stay straight instead of going crossed in group pictures. As far as improving my procrastination habit, I am easing into it, and allowing myself to do an easy post for my first post so I just DO it.
Without further ado (and without a whole lot of creative thinking put into this one), here is my workout for today:
- 50 crunches on the exercise ball
- leg press – 3 sets of 15 @ 70 lbs
- hamstring curl – 3 sets of 15 @ 35 lbs
- hip adduction – 3 sets of 15 @ 100 lbs
- hip abduction – 3 sets of 15 @ 100 lbs
- assisted pull-up – 1 set of 5 @ 40 lbs resistance, 3 sets of 2 at 25 lbs resistance
- bicep curl – 3 sets of 15 @ 10 lbs (per arm)
- upright row – 3 sets of 15 @ 10 lbs (per arm)
- overhead press – 3 sets of 15 @ 10 lbs (per arm)
- weighted side bend – 3 sets of 20 @ 10 lbs
- tricep extension – 3 sets of 15 @ 20 lbs
- run 3.5 miles
- 50 crunches on exercise ball
Currently, I’m training for my second half marathon, so today’s workout called for a 3 mile run (I’m following this plan and am on week 2). I missed yesterday’s strength training, so I decided to play catch up and kill myself today instead. All in all, it was a great workout and now I am replenishing my calories with red wine and Eggos with eggs and cheese, while thinking about finishing thank you notes from Christmas that have been staring at me for a couple weeks.
Eh. They can wait til tomorrow…
P.S. – you didn’t think I would really TRY to make fewer references to cats in conversation, did you? We obviously need to get to know each other better.